Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Sorry to hear the news. There's not a lot I can say, but to wish you and your family the best outcome for your sister. :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:37 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Sorry to hear the sad news Gordo, [-o< I hope your Sister's status improves when she's surrounded by Family Members...

You and Sandy will be sadly missed at the 'Rocks Run', I can't readily recall one without you... but mind you, the memory cells probably aren't what they used to be... :drunken:

We'll quaff a beverage or two to you two in absentia... :tchin:

We may wind up with a few unexpected 'extras' today... :3some: We ran into Ray Findlay and Dickie Roebuck at the 'Basin Trials' at 'The Frisco' (who hope you catch up
with us after their harbour cruise of the IFR ships,)
along with a younger ex-MTH Dino (last name escapes me,) who was at 'The Frisco' as well... :yes:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
Good luck with everything Gordo, hopefully just a minor blip for your siister.

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:20 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Sorry to hear about your sister Gordon, I hope it all turns out for the better.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I've done the smart thing, arriving home from the 'Rocks Run' 10 minutes ago, unlike Charlie and Tim, who I left at 'The Orient', (don't know where we lost Neil,)
and Col, Sue, Shep, Seejay and Viv, who headed back to 'The Frisco' to get away from the overcrowded bedlam unfolding in the CBD, with hordes of people heading for
The Rocks, Circular Quay and other chock-a-block vantage points around Sydney Harbour to watch the Light Show and Fireworks Spectacular about to start at 7:30PM...!

As I walked from The Rocks back towards Wynyard to catch my bus back to Mosman, this is the view I was confronted with, of eager spectators, heading down to The Rocks
and Circular Quay hoping the secure a vantage point to watch tonight's show... :omg1: :omg1:

Full report on the 11th Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rock Xmas (and IFR) Pub Crawl Smokey to come in due course, as soon as all the photos come in...! :evil3:

But right now, I'm going to kick bak and watch the Light Show/ Fireworks Spectacular from the best vantage point in Sydney, in my lounge room in front of the TV...! :tv:

(A few surprises in store, :yes: watch this space...!)

P.S. For those who participated in today's 'Rocks Run' please send your best photos to me on roman27@tpg.com.au for uploading 'the best of...' :yea:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Just got home after leaving the ever dwindling group and viewing the fireworks from the Cahill Expressway. Holy hell, what a display and what a crowd. Seeing 90% of the crowd making their way to Wynyard station we decided to walk back over the Bridge. Held up at the steps but finally made it back to Milsons Point the car at Waterhen and home.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:01 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sydney
Saw most of the fireworks on TV earlier. Looked really good.
I hope all had a good time on the Rocks Run.

Thanks for the thoughts, shipmates.
My sister Diane is still in the hospital and has had one transfusion so far. It did perk her up a bit and she is not so fuzzy as before.
Another transfusion tomorrow should make a bigger change but the doc says that the program is not as effective this time.
He still expects that she should leave the hospital in a few days, so we will come home tomorrow. The problem is that when she gets fuzzy she doesn't think to call her doctor and deteriorates more.
Doc says he may get her in every 3 weeks as a regular visit rather than wait till she thinks she needs to see him.

We'll see.

It is unfortunately a downward spiral but with regular top ups she will get some quality time.

15th MOBI Intake
July63 to March74
Nirimba, Sydney III, Collingwood(UK), WSTG(UK), Lonsdale, Swan, Cerberus, Kuttabul, Harman, Kuttabul(RANTAU)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: N/A
State: Florida
I had a few beers and for old times sake, Crawled into the head, it just wasn't the same as being there

I miss it :crybaby1:

Joined the Navy Jan 6, 1970, retired Jan 31, 1994
USS Trenton LPD-14, Hermitage LSD-34, Shreveport LPD-12, Saipan LHA-2, COMPHRIBRON-4 staff embarked in the Guam LPH 2, Saipan LHA-2, Nashville LPD-13, and Wasp LHD-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 am 
Site Admin

:-k Glad to hear your sister is resting a little more comfortably after the transfusion, Gordo, and yes, the 'Rocks Run' just wasn't the same without you and Sandy... :3some:

=; We should all spare a thought for poor old :old1: Seejay this morning, :count: as a visitor from 'Far Norf Queensland', he'll have woken in a stange bed, in a strange land,
totally confused and disoriented as he tries to make sense of the fact that he lost an hour overnight as 'Mexico' transitioned into 'Daylight Saving Time' overnight... :happy1: :sun: :happy2:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
If CJ had stayed in the Far Norf, he wouldn't have experienced the "shortest long weekend" in the year!! :happy2: :mex:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next