Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:37 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Hippy Chippy wrote:
=; We should all spare a thought for poor old :old1: Seejay this morning, :count: as a visitor from 'Far Norf Queensland', he'll have woken in a stange bed, in a strange land,
totally confused and disoriented as he tries to make sense of the fact that he lost an hour overnight as 'Mexico' transitioned into 'Daylight Saving Time' overnight... :happy1: :sun: :happy2:

BC wrote:
If CJ had stayed in the Far Norf, he wouldn't have experienced the "shortest long weekend" in the year!! :happy2: :mex:

=; Seejay was already confused by the time we arrived at the Glenmore, BC, not quite knowing how to cope
when 'Harry' joined our party for a quick :tchin: drink and a chat...

[-X As you're probably aware, Harry's not known for stopping at just one drink... :ouzo:

:-k We finally had to politely ask him to bugger off, :upy: as he kept 'photo-bombing' all our group pics...! :happy3:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:18 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Ballarat
State: VIC
Some name labels wouldn't go astray on the pics so that we know who is who :hippy2: , albeit we know which one you are :hippy2: .

Last pic is hilarious; 033102phone_1_prv.gif old fella's thinking they can still impress some young girls. #-o #-o A few pointer's for a better chance next time:

1. If you are going to have the top button of your shirt undone to show your 'hairy' chest, ensure you are not wearing a white singlet. :lol1:
2. Don't kneel down if you are going to have trouble getting up again, nor stick out your chest ... when you don't have one. :happy2:
3. Don't get too close to a lovely young lady by sticking your beer belly in her back. I'm sure she would rather something else, but chances of that happening are hampered by said beer belly. :haha:

:sign5: :haha: Its an absolute hoot to see :happy1: :old: :happy1: :old1: trying to be :happy1: :spunky: If HRH had not have been in the pic, the girls might have :run: :run: :run:

What the heck! Looks like you were all having fun and I see in the background of one pic, that Frisco's hasn't changed much either ... more power to ya! :yea: :yea: :yea:
Fun, camaraderie and spinning warries is what is all about. :ok: :fantastic:

1977-1990; 2000-2010 Cerberus x 2, Navy Office x 4, Albatross, Kuttabul x 2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
I can tell you all had the most miserable time!! :banghead: :banghead:

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 am 
Site Admin

'The Frisco'..??? :dontknow: That's in the 'Loo, Bobcat, :roll: we were in 'The Rocks', those pics were at the 'Glenmore'... :partyman:

:-k Names..? O.K., :thumbright: top pic, left to right, Brian 'Charlie' Staples, Chris 'Seejay' O'Keefe, Mark 'Mobes' Mobley,
Harry 'Bluey' Wales, Steve 'Shep' Shepherd, yours truly, Rick 'Hippy Chippy' Pengilly, Howie 'Hendo' Henderson,
Brian 'Stroppy Chippie' MacKenzie, Verna 'Bugler' MacKenzie, John 'Viv' MacLeod... ('Official' report to come...)

Pic #2, far right, Tim Hamilton... the rest you now know... Pic #3, 'the usual suspects', plus 'The Bubble Sisters'... :love1:

Three participants missing from these three photos, who will turn up in the photos in the 'Official :evil3: Report', are:

David Maxwell
Neil Watson
Bill Ohl

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 am 
Div. Officer

:ok: Fantastic! Thanks Rick, nice to put faces to names on the site. I should have read the sign on the wall above your heads in the first pic ... "Glenmore Lounge". It was the door on the right behind you that threw me. Looked like a Frisco door. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
I'm sorry I didn't take my camera to the Frisco or The Rocks. :crybaby:

If I had I could have gotten a great pic of young Prince Harry when he drove through the back of The Rocks no more than ten feet from where we (the advance party) were walking. When we stood to attention and gave him a royal wave (hand cupped, waving in a semi-circular motion) he laughed at us and waved back. I quite like that young lad, he would have made a great Mobi. :yea:

Mind you, I could also have taken a photo of Viv after he tried to get to Harry's C de W (is there a connection there? :omg1: ). Viv then dropped his coins on the Cowper Wharf Road footpath, bent over to retrieve same, and completed a forward one and a half pike into the bitumen and had lots of difficulty regaining the vertical! :faaaarrk: n :fantastic:

...and was rescued by two sailors who helped the old guy up and assisted him across the road! :captain: :old1: :captain:

Wednesday night was a blast! Especially the bit when we were upstairs waiting for dinner at the Frisco and Col planted a huge liplock with tongue on Pete Weyling and completely discombobulated him for the rest of the night!!! :lol: :toothy7: :laughing5: :haha: 033102phone_1_prv.gif

Poor Pete was speechless, blushing, and had a difficult time discussing anything with dignity after that. :yess: :laughing3: :fantastic:

I learned three valuable lessons on the weekend.

1. Avoid cameras as much as you can

2. I am not bulletproof/ten foot tall/etc.

3. Do NOT try to keep up with the young'uns when drinking.

4. When drinking slippery nipple shooters, do not go back for seconds!

5. Or thirds, fourths, etc.

6. Never look kissable to Kelson!

7. If you drop your coins when pissed, leave them there!

A great time with too much booze, not enough sleep, far too much rich food, cost a truckload of beer coupons, but by the @#$% I had a @#$% great time! Thanks youse bastards! :ok:

If you check out the pic of the Frisco, you'll see the 'F' has slipped.

It is believed that happened during the Kelso/Weyling incident, when the earth moved......

for one of us. :badgrin:

Cold over there, Pete? :hello2:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Sounded like a fantastic run boys, I wish I could have been there. :tear:

By the way, how come nobody rang me? :laughing5: :lol: :laughing8:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:05 am 
Div. Officer

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Oh Seejay ... my sides are aching from :sign5: :haha:

PW being lip-locked would definitely have been worth a photo! :happy3: :haha: :haha: :haha:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Neddie my boy, you caused endless frustration on the day! But never mind, we all made a pact to ring you at odd times during the next month to make up for not being able to talk to you. :badgrin: :badgrin:

Lizzie, I laughed that hard and long that my sides were still hurting the next day. I will never, ever forget the look on Pete's face when Col grabbed him by the head. :omg: :omg: :omg:

What made it worse for Pete is that we had a serving 3-ringer Col had invited down for a drink with us at the table. He looked quite startled as well. 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am 
Site Admin

:-k So how are we ever going to get Col :love2: and PW :love4: to attend the same piss-up :partyman: at the same venue, :drink 42: at the same time..! :dontknow:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next