Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
State: NSW
Yeah Chris, don't know why it won't play as normal, but I just highlighted & copied it, then pasted it into search area and it came up trumps.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 pm 
Div. Officer

Chris, also just highlighted link, right clicked & hit open link, and presto.
Cheers.

July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Try this Guys... :type: http://www.australiancruisegroup.com.au ... n-navy.php

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:38 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Hippy Chippy wrote:

Might they mean HMAS SYDNEY III for ships company on the SYDNEY - EMDEN memorial cruise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 pm 
Reg. Chief

City or Town:
State:
They are cheap prices :? Beer, wine spirits included and meal for $88 :occasion5: :salute:

23rd MOBI Intake
Jul 67 to 76
Nirimba, Sydney, Torrens, Paramatta, Kuttabul
Merchant- MV Howard Smith, MV SilverHawk
Vales Point Power Station, Eraring Power Station, Retired ill health.
Now???? Living it up in retirement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm 
Div. Officer

Rick, If I'm not mistaken, the link you suggested we try, is perzactly that which I posted.
Since no can seem to answer whether we can get the yacht in the water or not, I have just booked my berth for the Fleet Revue Lunch Cruise. See you all there???
Cheers.

July'64 to July'76

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
You may recall a conversation we had at 'The Frisco', Col, if the yacht's operational, we'll be taking her out,
'first dibs' given to those present and participants from the previous RAN Fleet Entry... (which included you...!)

It was considered at the time that it was the only fair way to do it... and why we didn't 'go public' with it... [-(

And I don't know why your url didn't show up as a hyperlink, :dontknow: I just did as you suggested then copied
and pasted the url from their website into my post... :type: I think yours may have failed because you put it in bold...

=; BTW, you've got my number if you want to discuss the yacht options... :thumbright:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 am 
Div. Officer

Rick, your comment re the conversation at the Frisco is correct to a point.
There was discussion as to whether the yacht would be taken out during the I F R, and some bods were nominated as 'First Dibs'. No problem with that. The reason for not 'going public' at that time, is not now relevant.
My recollection ( and I am trained to recall Your Worship), is that there was also to be further conversation regarding what events the yacht would be taken out for, ie Tall Ships & Fleet entries as well as the Fleet Review. To my knowledge, this conversation has yet to take place.
This is the information I have been trying to educe each time I have posted regarding this matter.
The membership now needs to be made aware of which events are being attended, how many seats are occupied, and how many vacant ones are left for those interested. Due to the nature of the events, alternatives are filling fast, and the membership needs to know, 'do I/can I have a seat on the yacht, or do I look for an alternative?' When will this and whether the yacht is operational be known. Will it be at a time when it is too late to seek alternatives?
As trying to garner this information has been harder than ascertaining State secrets, and this is a once in a lifetime event, with the above information not forthcoming, I have sought alternative (non refundable) arrangements for the Fleet Review at least.
It would have been much more satisfying to be part of this historic occasion, as part of a crew on a historic vessel which most of us (myself included), had some part in building, with friends I had planned to spend the whole day/occasion with.
Once again, my mates and I will be on separate paths for this event due to the circumstances outlined.
Thanks very much, and Happy #$@&%*& New Year.
Cheers,

July'64 to July'76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Herne Hill
State: W.A.
Will there be any room for 'The MOBI Yacht Nirimba " on Sydney Harbour

Check out Hobart and Olivia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-pQEhEWt7Q

ME(D)-DENS-WOMTH4
1966 to 1986
Cerberus,Duchess,Waterhen,Hawk,Nirimba, Melbourne,Torrens,Perth, Leeuwin,Stalwart,Stirling,Kutabul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
I was fortunate enough to be in the middle of that lot in '88, not on Hobart but on Cook which was flagship for the review, and can be seen in the background at 3:07. Brings back some good memories, particularly of Lady Di (she had a magnificent complexion)

The harbour was a sea of ships, boats and all things nautical. A magnificent sight.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next