Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:39 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
State: NSW
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Hmmmm... :-k How about this for Steppin' Rig for the :20on20: Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey..? :dontknow:

:type: https://sonicballs.com/product/1arm-dn0 ... 4RLEznOJtQ :omg1: :yess:

I think if you turn up in one of those, you deserve $200 fine, 14 days #10 and 30 days stoppage of leave.

Bruce D

Jan 73 to Jan 94
Nirimba, Duchess, Kuttabul, Stalwart, Leeuwin, Stirling, Vampire, Stirling, Waratah, Adelaide, Platypus, Adelaide, Sydney, Platypus, Adelaide, Cairns, Melbourne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:43 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
:up: I'd drink to that! :grin: :mex: :happy2:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:47 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blackbutt
State: Qld
Change the Pub Crawl to March and you could "kill two birds with one stone" and wear them when you march in the Gay Mardi Gras, a big incentive, for Ned , I would think. :kenoath: :santa:

13th MOBI Intake
1962 to 1982
Nirimba, Sydney, Melbourne, Tarangau, Penguin, Albatross Kuttabul, Harman, Hobart, Platypus, Duchess, Brisbane, Moreton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:42 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
:happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :up: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
:up: :upy: :upy: :upy: :upy: :upy: Up ya bum Gordie.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
[-( Not uncommon to see drinking :drink 42: teams in 'common costumery'... Image

...we've seen pub-crawling groups in worse, I remember a whole team in kilts and tam-o-shanters... Image
...each with a golf club, :golfb: doing their 'round' of 18 (watering) holes :drinkers: one year... :yess: Looks :shithot: if :happy1: EVERYBODY'S dressing up for the event... :supz:

:dontknow: Image :dontknow:

:-$ P.S. BTW, I've asked the company making them if they'll go to 4XXXX for the likes of Tafmo and me, and if they'll entertain the idea of a bulk purchase discount... :money 3:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

I'm seeing, from the examples on their website (below) :down: that a high degree of personalisation is available if required... :happy:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Chippy Ned wrote:
:up: :upy: :upy: :upy: :upy: :upy: Up ya bum Gordie.

I think he was suggesting it would be up yours Ned :omg1: :omg1: :omg:

14th MOBI Intake
Jan 1963 to Jan 1983
NIRIMBA, (63-66) CERBERUS, STUART, DUCHESS, CERBERUS, (67) CARPENTARIA, CERBERUS, (68-69) SWAN, (70-72) CERBERUS, (72-74) SWAN, TORRENS, (74-76) CERBERUS (77-79), TORRENS, (80-81) KUTTABUL, WATSON (82) [ROUGHLY]

Opportunity Knocks, Bunnies Bang!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
I'll have to take a raincheck for this year's run. Not because of any virus, just forward planning for family/medical requirements/recovery for Number 1 wife and her planned upcoming surgeries.

I'm sure you will all cope without my expert guidance. :lol1:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Well :omg1: you certainly can’t say the World hasn’t changed in the last week or two, :faaaarrk: the AFL pulled the pin for Season :20on20: closely followed by the NRL, then
the ‘A’ League and virtually every other contact sport, even the Olympic Games… #-o Never a dull moment...! [-(

This was followed by a series of drastic curfews and closures, the likes of which we’ve never seen in our lifetime, with clubs, every dine-in restaurant and every pub in Australia,
including those we’re most familiar with, the 14 veritable venues we visit annually in The Rocks, prompting the inevitable question, is it 'business as usual', do we proceed with the

2020 18th Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey
...or should we simply move to hold it on-line..? :dontknow:

The question was put to a hastily convened crisis council meeting of your hosts, the Admin ‘A’ Team, :3some: who considered several factors, e.g., the Rocks Run is still over
eight months away, (most conservative punters are talking six months of civil disruptions,) we’ve never not held one since we began, we’re still attracting ‘first-timers’, it serves
as a ‘surrogate’ mini-Nirimba reunion for participants, it provides Tafmo a boozy run :tchin: with true Mates and Rhonda :love1: a great shopping run at his expense…! :money 3:

Without having to weigh the above against the negatives, suffice to say the ‘pros’ out-weighed the ‘cons’, so with that in mind, yesterday, 5 mins before the nation-wide lock-down,
(for an undetermined [-o< period,) :out: I called (a delighted) :yess: Steve, Duty Manager at the City Extra Restaurant, and (a tickled) :lol1: Martin, the Manager at the Lord
Nelson Brewery Hotel
, and made our usual reservations :evil3: for 20 participants, for a 9:30 AM breakfast and a 1:30 PM lunch respectively, for Saturday, 7th Nov., =; subject to
possible changes/ confirmation/ cancellation
closer to the date, depending of what COVID-19 :-# decides to do… :roll:

So yes Folks, we're still a go… :yess: :woohoo: So start practising :ouzo: your social-distancing… :drink 42: :drink 42: :drink 42: :drink 42: :drink 42: :drink 42:

................................. =; Meanwhile, don't know 'bout you lot, but with just over 8 months to go, here’s what I’ll be doing between then and now…

................................. Image

.................................................................. :type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFzfwLM72c :3some:

:bob dark: To start the ball rolling, CONFIRMED Attendees :evil3: are:

:happy: Mike (Pony) Moore \:D/ (Leading the charge...) :horse:
:happy: John (Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
:happy: Ellen (Mrs Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
:happy: Rick (Hippy Chippy) Pengilly \:D/
:happy: Greame (Smiley) Rhodes \:D/
:happy: Col (Pussasan) Kelson \:D/

Possibly May :bee: Attendees:

:happy: Rob (Tafmo) King \:D/
:happy: Rhonda (Patience) King \:D/

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next