Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Good one Dino!! :finga:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:54 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Wife??????

You mean someone actually lives with the old fart?? :rolleyes:

I'll be damned............... #-o #-o #-o #-o :-#

Just goes to show there are some really compassionate people in the world. :finga:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
I will treat these last posts with the contempt they deserve. :pottytrain2: :upy: :puke:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject: Run
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:23 am 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Ned

Yeah.......But we still love you Ned......and we all respect our elders....and have learnt to cope with their disabilities...like "Old Timers"..."Craft"..."Incontinence"..etc...etc....

I will shout you a bottle of RED ! !.....and C.J. said he will arrange a straw and bib for you.....LOL

Gee...I am enjoying taking the "Piss"......but know you will get back at me ...BIG TIME..! ! !

Looking for to seeing you and the rest of the Guys.....Take Care

Dino

Cerberus,Albatross,Melbourne,Albatross,Melbourne,Kuttabul and several short stints on Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
poseidon wrote:
Dino,

bugger me mate,

You're planning on a Bugis Street run then, Buck? :finga:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:10 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
Unfortunately I cannot make it, I have to be in Los Alamos for a couple of days with my nuke scientist buddies.

Never mind maybe next year.

Neddy, I think that it is terrible the way these blokes belittle your age and good character. By the way, what did Adam and Eve pay you for babysitting their kids?

Steve

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:04 am 
Reg. Chief

City or Town:
State:
At the risk of getting heaps from Ned & Rick for my terrible blunder posting some pic in another thread, I have finally talked my boss in alowing me some leave. I will be there. Please be gentle =; =; =;
:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

23rd MOBI Intake
Jul 67 to 76
Nirimba, Sydney, Torrens, Paramatta, Kuttabul
Merchant- MV Howard Smith, MV SilverHawk
Vales Point Power Station, Eraring Power Station, Retired ill health.
Now???? Living it up in retirement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:52 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
CharlieS wrote:
I will be there. Please be gentle =; =; =;
:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Bugis St??????????

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:57 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
So let's see... :-k What's our latest head count:

Hippy Chippy :hippy2: Rick Pengilly
Chippy Ned =; Ned Kelly
Poseidon :-# Buck Rodgers
Pussasan :badgrin: Col Kelson
Robert J. Hall [-X Rob Hall
Charles :type: (Our IT Guru)
DeskJockey =; Paul Coleman
Vern Loeckenhoff \:D/
HenryS :-# Henry Schubert
SeeJay :finga: Chris O'Keefe
CharlieS :-# Charlie Staples
Mark Mobley =; and Jim Raymond =; will also be there according to Pussasan...
Dave W :drinkers: Dave Warren (until lunch)
Simone Morris :love1: (Never you mind...)
Simone's Friend #1 Cathy :love1: (Never you mind...)
Simone's Friend #2 TBN :love1: (Never you mind...)

:partyman: I think we DEFINATELY have a quorum...!!! :partyman:

:wav: :wav:

As Yet Unconfirmed Possibles:

Dinophot :rolleyes: Dean Gleding
Alex Mroz #-o

And for those of you still wondering how you got home from our last
Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey, this might jog your memory...

The Beer Scooter… :partyman:

How many times have you woken up in the morning after one our Smokeys and thought, "How on earth did I get home?" #-o

As hard as you try, you cannot piece together your return journey from the last pub to your house. The answer to this puzzle is that you used a "Beer Scooter".

The Beer Scooter is a mythical form of transport, owned and leased to the drunk by Bacchus, the Roman God of Wine. :partyman:

The Beer Scooter works in the following fashion - The passenger reaches a certain level of drunkenness and the "slurring gland" begins to give off a pheromone. Bacchus or one of his many sub-contractors detects this pheromone and sends down a winged Beer Scooter. :angel5:

The Scooter scoops up the passenger and deposits them in their bedroom via a Trans-Dimensional Portal. This is not cheap to run, so a large portion of the passenger's in-pocket cash is taken as payment.

This answers the second questions after one of our nights out, "How did I spend so much money?" :-k

Unfortunately, Beer Scooters have a poor safety record and are thought to be responsible for over 90% of all UDIs (Unidentified Drinking Injuries), such as bruised legs, stubbed toes, scratched hands and a sore spot on the top of your head. #-o

An undocumented feature of the Beer Scooter is the destruction of time segments during the trip. The nature of Trans-Dimensional Portals dictates that time will be lost, seemingly unaccounted for… :rolleyes:

This answers a third question after the night out, "What the hell happened?" :-k

With good intentions, Bacchus opted for the REMIT (Removal of Embarrassing Moments in Time) add-on, which automatically removes, in descending order, those parts in time regretted most.

Unfortunately one person's REMIT is not necessarily the REMIT of another's and quite often, lost time is regained in discussions over a period of time.

Independent studies have also shown that Beer Goggles often cause the Scooter's navigation system to malfunction thus sending passengers to the wrong bedroom with the wrong person, often with horrific consequences. :glasses7:
Beer Scooters come equipped with Thump-A-Lot boots (Patent Pending). :walk:

These boots are designed in such a way that no matter how quietly you tip-toe up the stairs, you are sure to wake either everyone else in the house or your downstairs neighbours. Special anti-gravity springs ensure that you bump into every wall in the house and the CTSGS (Coffee Table Seeking Guidance System) explains the bruised shins.

Don't forget the on-board heater, which allows you to comfortably get home from the pub in sub-zero temperatures, wearing just a small outfit for the ladies or for the men -no jacket.

Beer scooters... the wonders of modern technology... remember the last time you had a ride on one...??!! :supz:

Still time to practice Peoples...! :drinkers:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 am 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Poor Sydney town it isn't going to be the same after you mob hit it :occasion5: :occasion7: :wav: :partyman: :drunken: :-& :drinkers: :vom:

Thought I had better get in now to say I hope you all have a great time and looking foward to hearing all about it.

Merry Christmas everyone

Cheers

Jude

Cerberus, Harman (Navy Office 62/63-64), Penguin (Rushcutter Recruiting), Penguin (Kuttabul Navy News)

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next